We are pleased to announce the addition of the Salt Room at Kaffee’s Garden Salt. Opps! I mean Kaffee’s Garden SPA!. This special room, which is located just off of our relaxation area, will be up and running within the next few weeks. It will bring a new opportunity to make your visit to the Spa more profound and therapeutic. If you are not familiar with this wellness modality please enjoy reading the Dry Salt Therapy FAQs below to learn the fundamentals of how Dry Salt Therapy works and what you can expect. Those of you who have already “Taken the Salt” elsewhere will be excited to be able to have a session and a Spa Treatment together for the ultimate experience and “Breathe in Wellness”!
DRY SALT THERAPY FAQs
What is Dry Salt Therapy?
Dry salt therapy, or halotherapy, is a holistic, drug free, natural wellness therapy using micro particles of salt to promote better breathing, healthier skin, sounder sleep, improved physical fitness and endurance and overall wellness. Dry salt therapy also helps to improve symptoms of many respiratory and skin conditions. Relaxing in our Salt Room is a unique experience and has an overall clarifying effect!
How does Dry Salt Therapy Work?
The salt is ground into tiny micro particles by our state-of-the-art halogenerator and then dispersed as an aerosol into the salt room. The inhaled salt helps to reduce inflammation, widen the airways, accelerate mucus transport, soak up and eliminate toxins and allergens and strengthen the immune system. The non-inhaled particles landing on the skin help to balance pH and induce the reparative and regenerative processes in the skin, increasing rigidity and stimulating cell growth and microcirculation. Our salt room has a beautiful backlite Himalayan Salt wall to generate negative ions, which helps to counterbalance the influx of positive ions from the many electronic devices we use every day. This improves your overall mental and emotional health, helping you to relax and de-stress.
What should I expect to experience in the Salt Room?
Our beautiful, relaxing salt room can accommodate up to 3 people comfortably at a time. You can simply relax during your session or schedule a foot reflexology session or a scalp massage while receiving the salt therapy. The Ultimate experience is to arrange a salt session followed by any other Spa Treatment. The benefits will be so much greater! During your session you will be sitting close to the Himalayan brick wall which will help to calm the mind and body by releasing negative ions.
- Negative ions counterbalance the many positive ions we pick up from electronic devices like cell phones, tablets, etc. Neutralizing the atmosphere in this way stabilizes mood, decreases stress and prepares the body for ultimate healing.
- A salt room session lasts 45 minutes and requires no more than lying back in a comfortable recliner and breathing deeply. Micro particles of salt are dispersed into the room by the halogenerator while you relax, listen to soft music, sleep or meditate.
What clothing should be worn in the Salt Room?
- Comfortable clothing is recommended for the salt room. You may change into clothing that exposes areas of skin you would like the salt to reach (shorts, sleeveless shirts, skirts, etc). We recommend wearing a bathing suit to expose the skin you want treated. We will provide you with a Spa Robe to wear over your bathing suit that can be removed when you get into the Salt Room.
What are the side effects?
- Since dry salt therapy is 100% natural and drug free, there are no negative side effects. After sessions, you may experience a slight cough, minor tightness in the chest or runny nose, but this is simply the salt doing its work to remove mucus and toxins from the lungs and airways.
How many sessions are recommended to see results?
Every experience is different because every person is different. Some people experience an immediate difference, some may notice a difference later in the day, and others experience nothing until the next morning. Some people feel a difference after one session; others may take multiple sessions to feel the benefits. For those with serious symptoms and issues, a series of treatments is required for long-term results.Some may use Salt Therapy treatments as a preventive measure to avoid the common cold, some respiratory viruses/infections, and some other ENT viruses/infections so a session twice a week during cold and flu seasons
If your goal is to improve your sports performance and endurance; the more you come, the better you’ll feel.
If your goal is to achieve relaxation, to de-stress, and/or to increase your overall mood and wellness you may visit as frequently as desired.
For mild conditions such as colds, flu symptoms, ear infections, or other temporary ENT or lung discomforts; 3-8 sessions may prove to be very effective.
For chronic respiratory and dermatological conditions such as Cystic Fibrosis, Asthma, Allergies, Psoriasis, Etc.; you may find 3 times a week, on an ongoing basis to help alleviate or reduce symptoms work best for you.
Who can benefit from Salt Therapy?
Salt therapy is like a toothbrush for your lungs and skin, EVERYONE can (and will) benefit. It is a detox for your lungs and skin. Salt therapy may enhance athletic endurance and accelerate recovery time, prevent you from catching common cold or flu, help slow the aging process, increase overall wellness, help relax and alleviate stress and help you sleep better.
Lung Conditions: Allergies, Asthma, Breathlessness and Chest Tightness, Bronchitis, Bronchial Infections, Chronic Bronchitis, Chronic Sinusitis, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Hay Fever, Emphysema, Pneumonia, Rhinitis, Sinus Inflammation, Sinusitis, Smoker’s Cough, Sleep Apnea, Snoring, and Wheezing. Also, Ear Infections, Laryngitis (Pharyngitis,) Sore Throat, and Tonsillitis.
Skin Conditions: Acne, Dermatitis, Dry and Flaky Skin, Eczema, Rosacea, and Psoriasis. Also, helps fight against Aging Skin!
- *It should be noted that the FDA has not made any rulings regarding Halotherapy.
A HIMALAYAN SALT STONE BODY TREATMENT
Our full body Himalayan Salt Stone Treatment relaxes as it balances the central nervous system. We use hand carved salt crystals from one of the most pristine environments in the world – salt caves deep below the Himalayan Mountains. This body treatment combines various Swedish massage techniques, thermal therapy and salt the…rapy. The salt stones are warmed in a beautiful Salt Crystal Lamp bowl and are used on strategic points and in specific combinations to balance the body’s energy pathways and electromagnetic field. This results in very deep relaxation, improved sleep and reduced inflammation in addition to mild detoxification and mild skin exfoliation.
One 75 minute Salt of the Earth Treatment: $110.00
LIMITED INTRODUCTORY OFFER: Now thru the month of July TRY IT FIRST TIME $95.00
The Scout Guide Palm Beach rang me up the other day for a quick question and answer session. What came to me immediately is what you will see below. It was an interesting exercise and revealing for me as well! The mind is a fascinating possession that can hide facts and memories from us until they accessed for a purpose. I understand that listening to what comes out of mouths can tell us a lot about our feelings. It is just not that often to see those words in written form. I got to know a little about myself from this exchange. So is a question/answer session a healthy way to take an inventory of where we are and what we are thinking? I think so!
NAME: Kaffee Keldie
OCCUPATION: Business owner; Aesthetician at heart
PALM BEACH LOCAL SINCE: 1986
1. A favorite indulgence: Going for a swim in the ocean.
2. An unmissable element of a perfect day: Spending quality time with the people I love. Also, I’m a dedicated bather and have taken a bath every day for years. It’s a must!
3. A memorable food experience: I was in Sydney [Australia] visiting my husband’s family, and we went to a restaurant that was at the top of a building downtown. The restaurant rotated 360 degrees giving a magnificent view of the city.
4. The greatest surprise of your life: The longevity and success of my career.
5. The color you are least likely to have at home and why: Red because it is too stimulating. I believe your home is your refuge and where you go to regenerate, so I choose very healing and soothing colors for my house.
6. An irritation: Rude people and those who do not take into consideration the feelings of others. Also, cruelty to animals and to the environment.
7. The best advice you’ve ever received: When I first acquired my business, I was very nervous and my dad told me, “You have to start somewhere. Just start building and your clients will grow with you.”
8. Your daily uniform: I actually do wear a uniform! When I do treatments, I wear a white smock and black pants.
9. A goal outstanding: It still hasn’t come to me what I will do when I retire. I’m curious about what life will bring once my professional career comes to an end.
10. New York or L.A.: At this moment, I must say L.A. I love both, but I used to live in Southern California, and one of my closest friends lives there and I am just missing her right now.
11. The Alps or The Maldives: The Alps
12. A must-have travel item: My skin care regimen
13. A Palm Beach hidden gem: Grassy Waters, which is a public park off of Northlake Blvd.
14. If you didn’t have to work today, you would: Be spending time with my husband and joining him for a swim in the ocean.
15. Apart from the obvious, an essential work tool: My hands are my greatest tool. Another great tool would be the LED panel light we have at the spa. It is a medical-grade device that has profound benefits for regenerating the skin.
16. The project you are most proud of: My facility as a whole. I love that we have created a community where people feel relaxed as soon as they walk in the door.
17. An important source of inspiration: There are many people in the industry who inspire me, but knowing I have made a difference with my clients is what keeps me going.
18. Success is: Peace of mind
19. The question I haven’t asked, but should have: What influenced you to get into the business? Answer: Growing up my family moved a number of times and to some very interesting places. Arizona is where we resided for a great deal of my childhood, and I really believe that living there formed my approach to life. I identify with the Southwest and the philosophy of the Native Americans. Their appreciation and love of the Earth is something that was instilled in me early on. I was taught about botanicals and their effect and power on the body and mind. After that, I was intrigued by botanicals and how they benefit the skin.
20. Where are you going next? Professionally, I will be taking the next steps to improve the spa and to make it a better experience for my clients. Personally, I want to make a commitment to start practicing yoga on a daily basis.
TELL KAFFEE SCOUT SENT YOU!
KAFFEE’S GARDEN SPA
4100 S. Dixie Hwy.
West Palm Beach, FL
As appeared on The Scout Guide Palm Beach Blog Feb 2014 – Capturing the Best of Local
I had the pleasure of writing a guest blog for The Scout Guide recently and wanted to post it here on our blog for those of you who have not seen it yet.
KAFFEE KELDIE GUEST BLOGS
Are you looking for a great spa experience? The first way you can tell if you’re going to have a great spa experience is to observe how you and other customers are treated. Look around to make sure all employees are treating their clients with respect. Before you book a treatment, you can ask to take a tour to make sure the spa is clean, has pleasant surroundings, “good energy” and is sanitary.
7 THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN A GREAT SPA EXPERIENCE
1. The therapist should be professional, courteous, pleasant and cleanly dressed.
2. The treatment should start on time. Therapists should wash their hands before they touch you.
3. Therapists should do an initial consultation to determine your needs and objectives for the visit. Whether it is to simply relax or if you have specific concerns, a good therapist will help you address those concerns. She should then follow your lead in terms of how much talk occurs during the session.
4. For a great spa experience, massage therapists should be sensitive to the kind of touch you want in terms of pressure. There should never be a sexual quality to their touch.
5. You should not be left alone during body wraps, facials. Some spas do this, but the best practice is for the therapist to be with the client at all times, enhancing the service and ensuring your safety.
6. Estheticians should perform an analysis of your skin, give you information regarding its condition and explain how she can improve it during the treatment. There should be discussion about your home skin-care routine and suggestions offered to sustain the benefits of your visit, but you should not feel pressured to buy products.
7. You should feel free to ask questions before, during and after your treatment.
A great spa experience should leave you feeling transported to a state of relaxation. It should engage all the senses, including smell, with therapeutic essential oils, known as Aromatherapy, and the sense of hearing with soothing sounds, which assist in balancing the body and clearing the mind.
This is the experience that awaits you at the best kept “Spa secret” in West Palm Beach, Kaffee’s Garden Spa! (Maybe we are not so secret, now that we have been Scouted!) Since 1998 we have been offering quality care for the skin, body, nails and hair. You will find a comprehensive menu of beauty services like natural manicures and pedicures and organic hair color in the Garden Salon as well as facial treatments for every condition from acne to anti aging. Our staff of licensed Aestheticians use their skills and expert knowledge, along with the power of professional products, Dermalogica and Jurlique and state of the art devices to make remarkable improvement to our clients complexions. The body therapy department offers a wide range of massage modalities including Reflexology, Deep Tissue, and Swedish. We are dedicated to not just giving you a great spa experience but we hope to extend stress reduction and improved wellness beyond the spa with products from our Spa Lover’s Boutique.
As an introductory visit to the Garden Spa we suggest our Garden Duo which is a 1 hour Body Massage and our signature Spa Facial. 2 hours of Great Spa Experience!
KAFFEE’S GARDEN SPA
4100 S. Dixie Hwy
West Palm Beach, FL
Welcome to 2014. Wow, a new year already and we’re excited about Valentine’s Day being right around the corner.
This year we chose to celebrate happy couples by creating a unique environment for loved ones to indulge in. At Kaffee’s Garden Spa we are setting the bar for the boutique spa experience this Valentine’s. You’ll leave refreshed and renewed oh and probably smelling like minty chocolate oil and roses.
Our Valentine’s Spa Packages Include
Renew the Love Rose Facial - a one hour botanical rose Jurlique facial that includes gratuity and a Jurlique Rose Balm for $130
Feel the Love Massage – a 75 minute dry bush and therapeutic Chocolate Mint Oil full body massage that includes a dry busy and gratuity for $115
True Love Duo - combine the “Feel the Love Massage” and “Renew the Love Rose Facial”plus the natural body brush, Jurlique Rose Balm and gratuity for $200
15% Off Top Selling Garden Spa Products – Today Only
Enjoy the ease and convenience of shopping from your home or office and indulge your sense in these Top Selling garden spa products.
We’ve discovered some key items that our customers keep purchasing and we’re delighted to share the success and savings of these products.
Daily Microfoliant by Dermalogica
Special Cleansing Gel by Dermalogica
Rose Moisturizing Cream by Jurlique
Rosewater Balancing Mist by Jurlique
5 Best Gifts from our Spa Lovers Boutique
When it comes to buying gifts for your very special valentine, we know how hard it can be. So, the team here at Kaffee’s has made your job just a little bit easier by naming the 5 top gifts for Valentine’s this year.
- Passion Lipfixation from Jane Iredale
- Romance Aromatherapy Oil by Aromandina
- Rosewater by Jurlique
- Soaprocks in Red or White & Gold
- Cupcake Bath Fizzies by Feeling Smitten
- BONUS – Cherry Chocolate Rose Facial Delight (75 minutes of tantalizing chocolate facial)
Stop in and have a look around our Spa Lovers Boutique or check out our Valentine’s Day Spa Packages.